The team at Berne Eye Clinic at Lindenhof Hospital will be here for you as long as our health permits. We have made sure that all patients will continue to have access to all therapies that are important to them, as far as this is within our power. We have attached particular importance to your safety with regard to contracting the coronavirus during your time with us. This also means that, until further notice, you will no longer be allowed to bring your relatives along with you into our clinic.
As the crisis is not going to wane before the end of May, it would not make sense for you to postpone any necessary treatments if doing so would pose a threat of permanent harm to your health. Should you wish to postpone your treatment for health reasons (fever and cough) or if you are in a high-risk group for coronavirus disease, you can follow these basic guidelines:
- As long as the visual acuity of each individual eye is stable, especially for close-up vision, sufficient stability exists in most cases.
- Your previous treatment intervals have been optimised especially for you, but they can be extended by 20% over 1-2 intervals without your vision suffering.
- Any acute deterioration in vision must still be examined as a matter of urgency.
- If you are unsure, please call us. We will then determine with you what the best course of action is for you. However, even though our telephone capacity has been significantly increased, you may need to be more patient in contacting us. For this reason, we recommend that you contact us by email or fax.
- You can now reach us during our extended office hours from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM on:
Phone: 031 311 12 22,
Fax: 031 311 14 33,
the best way, however, being via
Along with you, we are looking forward to soon being able to forget these difficult times for us all. On behalf of the entire team at Berne Eye Clinic at Lindenhof Hospital, we would like to wish you a healthy, fearless and positive outlook on these troubled times.
Jacqueline Balmer, administrative head
Natalie Reichen, operational head
Stefano Anastasi, medical director
Justus G. Garweg, medical director